Search This Blog

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Will Yeshua (Jesus) find faith?

Just stealing some moments with the Lord this morning while admiring a beautiful sunrise with glorious colours and pink clouds.. Just the kind I like!! I sense Him say, “It’s ok” ..”Be still and know that I AM God”..
Now, I want to share what has been troubling me lately.. Almost everything that is happening on planet earth at the moment – a great famine of the Word of God, Division amongst the body of Christ (with something like 33,900 Christian denominations)!! Poisoning of our foods!! Corrupt governments! Illuminati!  Aliens! Not that I think about these things often.  I have been trying to think of things that are lovely and pure over the last couple of days as I express many prayers and tears for my nephews who lost their daddy three days ago following a heart attack.. It just feels like everything is in my face at the moment.. I don’t want to ignore what’s going on!  Although I am feeling a little heavy in my heart, I don’t want to ignore or take for granted God’s amazing promises!
The following scripture just came to mind -  Luke 18: 8, where Jesus say’s “ When the Son of man comes will He find any faith?”
What captured my imagination as I meditated on this statement that Jesus made was the thought that He knew exactly what was coming ahead.. He knew the answer to that question before He even asked it.  It’s all written in advance.. God’s dwelling place is in eternity, which is outside of our knowable time dimension.. He knows the beginning, the middle and the end!  Yes, and I believe it.. God is omnipresent (everywhere) and omniscient (all knowing)..
One thing led to another and I began to ponder how much of my Christian walk has been based on “faith” verses “works”.  Scary question to ask I know.
A friend of mine recently shared what he believe the Lord had told him - that He is going to shake everything that can be shaken.  The purpose of this shaking will be to demolish the unhealthy confidence we have placed in the things of this world and to restore our confidence and faith in Him.  The only thing that will remain will be JESUS IN US.  When I look at world as well as local events, I believe it is already happening.
Consider the following verses from 2 Timothy 3:2-5 describing the last days “For men shall be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, stubborn, arrogant, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God, having a form of godliness, but denying its power.  And from such people turn away!”   This scripture speaks for itself don’t you think in summarising this current generation.
The form of godliness reference scares me I must say.  Many of us know the bible very well, but we do not know the LORD very well. We do not, or cannot, slow down enough to hear Him speak to us these days. Our whole life is driven by our own limited understanding and not by the leading of the HOLY SPIRIT.  We quote other men’s thoughts and interpretations but not the words and teachings illuminated by the HOLY SPIRIT.  We search all the latest ministries and Christian books for truth and by-pass the true TEACHER . The purpose of the HOLY SPIRIT is to TEACH us and to REVEAL JESUS to us.  How is it in the West that we have become so reliant on “men” or “men’s perceptions of how to do church” rather than the HOLY SPIRIT?   Is it any wonder that we are so devoid of TRUTH and POWER?

“ But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him”  1 John 2:27

“There remains therefore a rest for the people of God. For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his own works, as God did from His.  Let us therefore be diligent to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.” Hebrews 4:9-11
God has promised us a new place of rest in Him.  We do not have to labour (in our own strength that is) to abide in His rest. I don’t know about you but I have had enough of a busy lifestyle, full of programs and sacrifices to try and measure up.  Bottom line is I believe that it is time to start living “IN CHRIST” and no longer “FOR CHRIST”.  It’s the age old battle between “religion” and “relationship”.  Which one is winning in your life?
What I am learning is that the diligence required to enter into that place of rest (Heb 4: 11) has nothing to do with our “works” but everything to do with our “focus”, ie keeping our eyes on Jesus.. “Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith..” Heb 12:2.    “You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You..”  Isaiah 26:3
So, my challenge to us today is, where are we looking, where are we placing our confidence.  If Christ, there ought to be peace and power flowing freely through us.  If not Christ, then bring on the shaking I say!  Better to be judged or tested now than on judgment day!

 Mary :)
2 Chronicles 7:14 .. If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.... Amen!

1 comment:

  1. I know that this is an older post but I truly enjoyed reading it and I am sure I was sent here for that purpose. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete