Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Just a note from 'my journey'! †`♪ღ♪ \o/


A few years ago I shared an  amazing journey with a friend. He was  born and bred in Israel and the nick name ‘prickly pear’ was well suited to him. He was tough and rough on the outside but soft and sweet on the inside.
Like many Israelis at that time he was travelling and looking for answers to life’s most common questions. “What is this all about?” and “what am I doing here”. (Google wasn’t invented yet LOL! Just joking!! ;))..
We travelled this journey together for a short time, both searching and looking.  We ended up in India in search of a famous sage who we believed held some of the answers of life’s secrets and the way out of the Matrix we knew we were in.
I remember the excitement that filled out hearts when we arrived in this ‘guru’s’ village and finally tracked him down!
We sat and must have looked quite a site with our  mouths stretched from one ear to another in smiles and ready to receive our ‘enlightenment’..
This guy asked the inevitable  ...”What are you doing here” (in his amazing Indian accent!!)
‘We are here to find ‘God’ ‘ was our heartfelt response..
The next thing that happened was a little overwhelming for both of us!
He started laughing! Yes, such a long, serious laugh!
My friend and I looked at each other, both thinking that this guy had lost the plot or that this was  what enlightenment looks like!
So when our sage pulled himself together, (our smile fairly shortened by now) he said to us.. “ So... God is not in Australia?...”
Okey, that took a minute or two to digest and we both walked out of there somewhat changed if not scarred for a while!
There are a lot more stories in between and lot more life was lived until I got to appreciate this guys response! Because when I began finding the answers to my lifelong questions ‘What is it all about and what am I doing here’,  I realised God was with us even that day! He was with us on our journey whilst searching for Him.  He was forever drawing us closer to Himself. 

Look at His amazing Word here is Psalm 139;
13 “For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother’s womb.
14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvellous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skilfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them.
17 How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How great is the sum of them!
18 If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand;
When I awake, I am still with You.

*”˜”*°•. ˜”*°•♥•°*”˜ .•°*”˜”*°•.
If you are on a journey of searching for truth, for the meaning of life or finding God the creator of our life and our universe and everything in it! I encourage to be bold for a moment and ask Him to reveal Himself to you! In Jeremiah 29:13 God says, “You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart..”

I am so glad I kept asking and searching for truth, for God. I once was lost but now I am found!

I pray for my friend that he too has found the truth that His Saviour is willing to set him free!

  ♥ †`♪ღ♪ \o/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment