Search This Blog

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Exclusive Claims!


Exclusive Claims




God will not share His glory with another.



Isaiah 42:8 I am the Lord; that is My Name! I will not give My glory to another or My praise to idols.



There is an exclusivity that God has: He alone is God.



You may have heard it said that all religions lead to the same God; they are just different pathways. That is not true. There are not many Gods; there is only one God. There are not many pathways to God; there is only one way to the Father and that is through His Son, Jesus Christ. This is an exclusive claim and it is truth.



John 14:6 Jesus said, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”



1 John 5:11-12 And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life; He who does not have the Son of God does not have life.



Although Jesus is the exclusive way to the Father, the invitation is open for all to receive. I think we would hear Jesus say something like this to the world today:



“I am the only way to My Father but you are all welcome. I invite atheists and Muslims, Buddhists and Satanists...Africans and Americans, Indonesians and Cambodians...rich and poor, murderers and school teachers, adulterous and happily married...I invite everyone to come to the Father through Me. We love you and we desire a close relationship with you. Come as you are; you are welcome!”

No comments:

Post a Comment