I honestly find it difficult to ‘count it all joy’ when I go through trials.. but I believe that encouragement is a good medicine for us when we are in a storm... so if you are going through a trial.... as I am at the moment..I pray that these words will lift our weary heart........xxxx
My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing
this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her
perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
What I sometimes find just amazing is that Paul is in Mammertime Prison, knowing his execution is near, and is encouraging Timothy… We are promised persecution
Like you would think the guy would want some encouragement for himself!!!!!!!!!!
The Truth is in the Word of God! If we are Christ followers!.....
Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution
2 Timothy 3:12
Rom 8:18 says “consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us”
And in 2 Corinthians 4:17 "For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all".
I pray if you are reading this and going through a trial that these words of encouragement from the Word of God will go deep in your spirit and lift it up..
Here is a list of Why we Have Trials.. I am sure more can be added!
Why Do Christians Have Trials?
1. To glorify God Dan 3:16-18, 24-25
2. To Discipline for known sin Heb 12:5-11; James 4:17
Rom 14:23; 1 John 1:9
3. To prevent us from falling into sin 1 Pet 4:1-2
4. To keep us from Pride 2 Cor 12:7-10
Paul kept from pride by his “thorn in the flesh.” Gal 4:15; 6:11
5. To build faith 1 Pet 1:6-7
6. To cause growth Rom 5:3-5
7. To teach obedience and discipline Acts 9:15-16; Phil 4:11-13
8. To equip us to comfort others 2 Cor 1:3-4
9. To prove the reality of Christ in us 2 Cor 4:7-11
10. For testimony to the angels Job 1:8; Eph 3:8-11; 1 Pet 1:12